Thursday, December 8, 2011

Like Rain on your Wedding Day

I can't call it
Anything but funny,
The irony of this.

It's been so long
Since I knew
What happened--
What did I miss?

All I wanted
Was to be gone
To be anyone
Anybody at all,

But right as I
Finished packing
You came down
And so did Fall.

The cruel irony
Of fate never
Stops making me
Laugh a little,
So here's a riddle;

If you become who you were,
Instead of who you'd be,
Is there still a change?
Or am I just me?

And if what you wanted
And what you got
Don't match up,
Has fate forgot

What you created yourself
To be?
The irony is killing me.

I built up walls,
Hid my guns,
Protected from
Everything.

And yet I
Tore them down
And gave up
Invincibility.

I was so safe
And so far from you
That I couldn't
Stand it,

So I squeezed me
Out of myself and
Soon I just
Didn't fit.

And fate is working hard
Making sure that
I'm a fool,
While I just sit and fiddle.
So here's my riddle:

If you become who you were
Instead of who you'd be,
Is there still a change?
Or am I just me?

And if what I expected
And what I got
Don't equal each other
Has Heaven forgot

What I wanted so desperately
To Be?
Oh how ironic,
And it's killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment